Creating your own veggie broth is great way to use up leftover ends and skins of hearty vegetables, while adding flavor to future soups.
- Skins and tops of carrots, celery, beets, parsnips, sweet potatoes, potatoes, etc.
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Basil, thyme and oregano to taste
- Place all ingredients into a large pot and cover with 8 cups of water
- Bring to a boil with lid on
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 1 hour
- Strain out the vegetables
- Use the broth in any type of soup. You can freeze the broth or keep it in the fridge for future use.